Wednesday 20 August 2014

Rant: Our Judgmental Society and Babysitters

Our society is very judgmental. Our world just assumes everything with out any fact or content to back it up. Today I'm going to be ranting on our judgmental society and how they view young people who have kids with them. Now I'm not saying that they are their mothers or fathers. This is simply about the people who babysit and are assumed by society to be a parent of the child they are with.

So I babysit a lot. And so do some of my friends. Which isn’t bad at all. But what is awkward is when every person you see just assumes whatever kid you’re with is your kid. They take one look at you and are like 


They sometimes ask you even. Is that your kid? Sometimes it’s just the looks you get from them. It’s like no. They’re not my kid. What if they were my sibling? Or a relative?  Or just someone I babysit for? Just because I have a child with me does not mean it’s my kid. Society takes one look at you and just assumes everything. And sometimes they can be way off. Just because I am a teen does not mean I had a kid already. Or sometimes I think: how old do you think I am? Like a kid could be 6-8 and I could be 16/17 and you think I had this kid. How old do you think I am? Do you think I’m older than I actually am? Or do you honestly think I had a kid when I was 10? To be honest for most people I know that’s not even possible. To some girls back then boys had cooties. To others the guys were just friends nothing else.  Back when we were all little we had no idea what dating even was. Sometimes now a days people still don't know what it is.

 What is this thing you call dating?

To all of you people out there who just assume that I or any other teen or young person who has a child with them that is not theirs. This is what I say to you:
Why are you so quick to judge? Why do you just assume that I have a kid? Yes I’m at this play center with a child, that way the kid can have some fun. Meet some friend’s enjoy themselves. Why are you death staring at me like this is my kid? I babysit. So what? Do you have a problem with that? You know its babysitters or relatives that look after your kid while you go to work or go for a night out. So why are you judging a young person with a kid? They are usually a babysitter. Just like the ones you pay to watch your kid. So STOP JUDGING!




Now I do understand that some young people do have kids. But even if they do, don’t be judging them. You don't have the right to judge, only Judges get to judge. I'm pretty sure most of society does not have a job of being a Judge. You don’t know how the person you see had that kid. Maybe it was a mistake maybe it wasn’t. Usually it’s their decision. Unless the government gets rid of abortions. But that’s another rant for another time. Anyways cut them some slack. Stop your judging and staring. You have no idea what that child is to that person. It could be theirs or it could not be. Either way don’t judge, no assumptions. I know I’m not the only one who thinks this. Like I said at the beginning my friends babysit too, they get the same assumptions.

Okay so this was mostly about me saying stop judging. But it's true. I hate when society just thinks of one thing with out knowing any of the reason behind it. So if you are one of those people who just look at a young person with a child and assumes that it's theirs. Stop it. It's people like you I can't stand sometimes. But if you're one of those people who has been judged like so many have. I know what it's like believe me, you're not the only one who gets that from society.

One last note to society, and repetitive i know but.....


No comments:

Post a Comment